- UPDATE: Announced figure for week 1 SGE gold withdrawals truly phenomenal. Is it a typo.
The announced figure for Week 1 SGE gold withdrawals was so enormous that observers feel it may have been a mistake. But if not ....Sunday, 17 January 2016
- LAWRIE WILLIAMS: Metals Focus bullish on palladium long term but...
While long term prospects for palladium look bullish, things could still get worse before they get betterThursday, 14 January 2016
- LAWRIE WILLIAMS: Gold:Silver ratio needs big gold bull market to bring it down
Those who follow the Gold:Silver Ratio in expectation that it will come back to the historical 16 level will likely be disappointed. The ratio could drop, but will take a mega run up in the gold price if it is to do so.Wednesday, 13 January 2016
- LAWRIE WILLIAMS: Could gold be the answer in a difficult 2016
We may be seeing the beginnings of a change in investor sentiment towards gold as equities markets remain fragile and global geopolitical uncertainties abound.Monday, 11 January 2016
- UPDATE WITH CHART: 2015 SGE gold withdrawals total 2596 t - 19% higher than previous record
China's full 2015 year SGE gold withdrawals have come out at 2,596.4 tonnes, 19% higher than the previous record achieved in 2013.Friday, 08 January 2016
- LAWRIE WILLIAMS: Gold advances in an ever-more unstable geopolitical and investment climate.
Not even one week into the New Year and three unanticipated geopolitical and financial events have disrupted markets and boosted gold.Wednesday, 06 January 2016
- LAWRIE WILLIAMS: Ill wind. Gold price falls in USD but still positive for many nations
As 2016 starts with more geopolitical instability, it should be recognised that gold mine production has not been falling and currency movements have meant miners have not been suffering nearly as much from the gold price fall in USD as analysts have...Monday, 04 January 2016
- LAWRIE WILLIAMS: Black Swans hatching – gold advances
The first full trading day in 2016 has seen markets fall and gold rise on fallout from a 7% downturn on the Shanghai market and increased Middle East tensions due to the Saudi execution of a prominent Shiite cleric.Monday, 04 January 2016
- LAWRIE WILLIAMS: Are China’s gold imports rising or falling?
Conflicting media headlines on China's gold imports from Hong Kong can give a misleading impression of what is actually happening with Chinese gold imports.Tuesday, 29 December 2015
- LAWRIE WILLIAMS: 2015. Precious metals in retrospect
A look at the relative performances of gold, silver, platinum and palladium in 2015Thursday, 24 December 2015