- LAWRIE WILLIAMS: Gold back on the Fed grindstone
A likely U.S. Fed rate increase in December is but one of several factors which could affect the gold price negatively, or positively, in the days and months ahead.Wednesday, 30 November 2016
- LAWRIE WILLIAMS: Hillary Trumped – what now for Gold?
The Donald Trump victory in the U.S. Presidential election saw gold soar, but then fall back sharply. So what next?Wednesday, 09 November 2016
- LAWRIE WILLIAMS: China’s 2016 Gold Demand Continues Downward Trend
China's official gold purchases and SGE gold withdrawals both trending lower in OctoberMonday, 07 November 2016
- LAWRIE WILLIAMS: Russia may have to sell gold to boost current account
Lower oil prices and Western sanctions have been adversely affecting Russia's current account to the extent that Pravda says the country may have to sell some of its gold and diamond stocks to compensate.Tuesday, 25 October 2016
- LAWRIE WILLIAMS: SGE gold withdrawals picking up but well down y-o-y
SGE gold withdrawal figures for September show an increase on the previous month's figure but are still well below the record 2015 level.Friday, 21 October 2016
- LAWRIE WILLIAMS: SGE leading gold price recovery as positive indicators pick up
Since China returned from holiday it appears to have been the SGE gold price benchmark which has been setting the daily trend as some other demand indicators have been turning positive.Thursday, 20 October 2016
- LAWRIE WILLIAMS: Ill wind boosts sterling gold price
Gold has taken a knock this week with the Chinese markets closed, but the latest flash crash in the pound sterling has meant that in terms of the UK's domestic currency gold holders have fared rather betterFriday, 07 October 2016
- LAWRIE WILLIAMS: How long for gold market to be controlled by paper gold non-transactions?
The latest gold price crash was precipitated by big paper gold transactions without physical gold changing hands, at a time when the Chinese markets, which have been a stabilising influence, were closed for a holiday. Coincidence? We don't think so!Thursday, 06 October 2016
- LAWRIE WILLIAMS: Gold price plunges in China’s market absence
The gold price has seen a sharp downplunge today in the absence of any Chinese guidance due to the week long closure of the Shanghai Gold Exchange for the ironically named Golden Week holidayTuesday, 04 October 2016
- LAWRIE WILLIAMS: The parallels between Brexit and US Presidential election. Buy gold!
There are possible similarities between the U.S. Presidential polls and those running ahead of the Brexit vote. So don't write off a Trump victory even if the polls suggest a Clinton win. And if Trump wins there could be huge political and economic...Wednesday, 28 September 2016