- LAWRIE WILLIAMS: Will falling Chinese imports put the brakes on rising silver price?
Recent analysis from Germany's Commerzbank suggests that falling Chinese silver imports will put the brakes on metal price rises. We disagree and suggest its all about the gold price.Sunday, 25 September 2016
- LAWRIE WILLIAMS: Fed kicks the can again – gold jumps for joy!
The gold price recovered much of its lost ground as the U.S. Fed failed to raise interest rates again at its September meetingThursday, 22 September 2016
- LAWRIE WILLIAMS: The Curious Case of Swiss Gold Flows - Next Episode
The anomaly that is the make-up of Swiss gold imports and exports continued in August with the UK remaining by far the biggest recipient yet again.Wednesday, 21 September 2016
- LAWRIE WILLIAMS: Russian Central Bank Gold Purchases Pick Up Again
The Russian central bank has announced its biggest monthly increase in its gold reserves this year for August, putting year to date rises on par with those of a year ago.Wednesday, 21 September 2016
- LAWRIE WILLIAMS: Will the war on cash morph into a war on gold and diamonds
There is a propaganda war in progress by economists, central bankers and politicians to suggest the world should do away with cash.Monday, 19 September 2016
- LAWRIE WILLIAMS: Central bankers hate to be seen to be wrong
Fedspeak ahead of next week's FOMC meeting has led to volatile equities and precious metals, but is there a danger that the Fed will talk itself into the next rate rise to 'save face' given its earlier predictions.Friday, 16 September 2016
- LAWRIE WILLIAMS: Is China trying to stabilize the gold price?
Recently the Shanghai Gold Exchange looks to have been flexing its muscles in gold price setting by coming up with higher benchmark prices that the New York close.Tuesday, 13 September 2016
- LAWRIE WILLIAMS: Hillary – white hope to black swan
Hillary Clinton's health issues are now at the forefront of the U.S. Presidential campaign. Could they cause her to withdraw? Perhaps unlikely. Could it affect the Fed's interest rate deliberations? We have already seen a big fall in equities markets.Monday, 12 September 2016
- LAWRIE WILLIAMS:Chinese central bank gold purchases still slowing
China only increased its gold reserves by 4.9 tonnes in August - another instance of a possible skowdown ivThursday, 08 September 2016
- LAWRIE WILLIAMS: More disappointing U.S. data propelling gold towards $1,350
Precious metals started the post-US summer holiday period with a degree of strength, helped by what was perceived as weak Services PMI data.Tuesday, 06 September 2016