- LAWRIE WILLIAMS: Is gold hedging going mainstream again?
Harmony is the latest gold major to enter into hedging a significant portion of its gold output for the next two years - to join Newcrest and Polyus Gold among gold majors forward selling some of their gold output.Wednesday, 20 July 2016
- LAWRIE WILLIAMS: Blame it on Brexit
Many of the world's economic ills are being blamed on Brexit as the scapegoat but they were virtually all fully in play before the UK referendum took place. Where does all this leave gold short to medium term?Monday, 18 July 2016
- LAWRIE WILLIAMS: UPDATE: Gold – a more balanced viewpoint
The latest mid-year Precious Metals report from Bloomberg Intelligence gives some interesting insights in particular to China's impact and the potential of blockchain, but could do with amplification.Friday, 15 July 2016
- LAWRIE WILLIAMS: 16 tonne outflow from SPDR ETF hits gold but silver unfazed
Yesterday saw by far the largest sale out of GLD this year - 15 tonnes. Did this lead the gold price lower or vice versa and does the steady silver price indicate continuing precious metals strength regardless?Wednesday, 13 July 2016
- LAWRIE WILLIAMS: Gold hedging increased in Q1. Positive or negative?
The latest gold hedgebook analysis from GFMS and SocGen shows an increase in Q1 this year and the prospect that such activity will grow along with forward gold price uncertainty.Tuesday, 12 July 2016
- LAWRIE WILLIAMS: Should UK’s pre-Brexit gold buyers take profits?
With the pound diving and gold strengthening post Brexit, should UK investors who bought gold pre-the vote to exit from the EU consider taking some profits?Friday, 08 July 2016
- LAWRIE WILLIAMS: Huge post-holiday increase in GLD gold holdings key gold price driver
An enormous 28.8 tonne one-day inflow into the big GLD ETF has been a key influence in the latest rise in the gold priceWednesday, 06 July 2016
- LAWRIE WILLIAMS: China’s H1 SGE gold withdrawals 973.1 tonnes
China's gold demand as represented by SGE withdrawals continues to be well down on a year ago with the latest figure for June at 138.5 tonnesTuesday, 05 July 2016
- LAWRIE WILLIAMS: Still stronger gold price ahead - Credit Suisse
Latest analysis from Credit Suisse suggests a gold price reaching $1,500 an ounce by end 2016 or early 2017Monday, 04 July 2016
- LAWRIE WILLIAMS: Silver surges. Will it be allowed to continue upwards?
At long last silver made something of a move yesterday/overnight rising to above $18.20 after languishing at around the $17.40 level for some time.Wednesday, 29 June 2016