- LAWRIE WILLIAMS: Markets settling – gold down, pound and stocks recovering
Markets are settling following the UK's referendum vote for Brexit. Could it all turn out to be something of a non-event as far as the markets are concerned - except perhaps for the pound which is currently down sharply against the US dollarTuesday, 28 June 2016
- LAWRIE WILLIAMS: UPDATE: Pound, markets and gold – let’s get Brexit into perspective
Brexit has had a huge adverse impact on European Stock Markets, but rather less so on the UK one. The pound has been hit hard, but not as hard as some were predicting while gold spiked up but then came down to a level it had seen only just over a week...Sunday, 26 June 2016
- LAWRIE WILLIAMS: Brexit: Crunch day for gold and sterling at hand
As the Brexit vote is now just about upon us, tomorrow will likely be something of a crunch day for both the gold price and the pound sterling, at least in the short term, as the world adjusts to whatever the outcome will be.Wednesday, 22 June 2016
- LAWRIE WILLIAMS: Brexit loses momentum. Gold drops. But it ain’t over yet!
Gold has dropped and the pound sterling risen as the Brexit camp seems to have lost momentum with the odds now even more in favour of a Remain vote.Tuesday, 21 June 2016
- LAWRIE WILLIAMS: Central Bank gold buying slipping back, but ETF demand compensating
A hiatus in gold purchases by the Chinese Central Bank and a sharply lower month of purchases by the Russian on suggests central Bank gold purchases will be down sharply this year, but gold ETF inflows have continued - more than compensating for the CB...Tuesday, 21 June 2016
- LAWRIE WILLIAMS: Brexit in the balance. Gold surges. Silver may begin to fly
Brexit uncertainty is helping drive the gold price up through the $1,300 level as latest polls suggest that it is a real possibility. If gold continues to surge, more volatile silver could get a strong boost.Thursday, 16 June 2016
- LAWRIE WILLIAMS: BoAML looks for higher gold price and silver prices but….
The latest 96-page Bank of America Merrill Lynch's analysts' report on gold and silver describes itself as 'A More Bullish View on Bullion' - but is perhaps only marginally so given the gold and silver price performance so far this yearSunday, 12 June 2016
- LAWRIE WILLIAMS: China’s SGE gold deliveries down 17.7% ytd
Latest figures out of the SGE published today see a further weakening in May and the year to date figure down 17.7% on the 2015 figure at the same time.Wednesday, 08 June 2016
- LAWRIE WILLIAMS: China stops buying gold?
Latest figures from the Peoples Bank of China suggest that the country bought no gold for its reserves during May after an unbroken run of gold purchases since at least July last year when it began announcing monthly gold reserve increasesTuesday, 07 June 2016
- LAWRIE WILLIAMS: Jobs, Brexit and Gold – the unholy trio that are upsetting the Fed applecart
U.S.job figures, the possibility of Brexit, among others have seen a reversal in the recent gold price decline and all are adversely impacting the next Fed rate rise decision.Monday, 06 June 2016